The art of dentistry constantly evolves and improves as time progresses. Advancements in technique, technology, and customer focus are all reasons why dentistry is not the same today as 10 years ago. Today, if you lose a tooth or need to have teeth extracted, a modern denture could be the answer to restoring your smile. Modern dentures have improved in many ways from the ones you may picture your grandparents wearing. When seeking tooth replacement options such as dentures, patients in the Noblesville, Indiana area visit Robert L. Holloway, DDS.
Modern dentures are more comfortable and natural looking than ever before, providing you with better biting power. Because people can have a negative feeling about dentures, here is some insight into why today’s dentures are better than ever!
Types of Dentures to Know About
Many people think about full dentures that can be put in and pulled out, but this is just one form of denture. There are several options to choose from depending on your situation, including:
- Dental Bridge: An excellent option for those with only one or a few missing teeth. These can also be referred to as a fixed partial denture
- Partial Denture: When you are missing a few teeth, you may not consider dentures as a restoration option. However, partial dentures are designed for exactly this scenario. They are reliable and affordable. They sit on top of the gums and are secured to teeth on either side of the gap using hooks or clasps
- Traditional Denture: As the name implies, this is the most commonly used denture option by those in Noblesville, Indiana. This is an excellent option if you are looking to replace an entire arch of teeth. Crafted to fit snugly up against the ridge of your gums using suction, the denture plate will fit your palate for protection. This form of denture has come a long way over the last few decades and is more comfortable and natural looking than ever before
Why You Should Consider Dentures
There are several advantages to choosing modern dentures that you should know about:
- Natural, Confident Appearance: Today’s dentures will give you a smile that you can show off confidently. As soon as you receive your dentures, your entire face will look more vibrant and revitalized
- Reliable: Dentures are a reliable go-to option, even when your teeth, gums, and jaw may not be in the best of health. This is in contrast to other replacement options like a dental implant, which requires good oral health
- Easy To Maintain: Dentures are easy to clean and care for. This is especially true of dentures which are not fixed in the mouth and can be pulled out and cleaned
Choose Dentures Today!
We hope this quick guide to modern dentures has provided you with the insight needed to feel good about considering them for tooth replacement.
Please visit Dr. Robert L. Holloway, DDS, to learn more about dentures. To schedule an appointment, call (317) 672-0950.
Share this Article